Monday, August 31, 2009

TINY things to be knit

How well do you know Polly Pocket? For readers who don't know her, she's the size of a finger and her clothes are made of rubber. And according to my daughter, none of her handfull of Polly guys and dolls are actually called Polly. These three are Pippi, Anette and ...possibly her sister Jen.



The dolls come with a variety of clothes, sports gear, pets and food items. A few have a jacket, and one of them a sleeveless fur something. But none are dressed for Norvegian winter, and DD wants me to knit them something warm.

But did I mention the small fact that they are really, really tiny? I've knit a few capes, and blankets. And I know I should be able to knit some socks/snowboots. But she requests jackets and sweathers.

I would like to insist that anything can be knit with the right yarn (or if neessarily string, wire or dental floss). But this one requires some thinking! Not even my lightest lace yarn could fit between those tiny bodies and their even tinier arms...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!