Monday, October 22, 2007

Wristlets



Mum came to visit this weekend, and I finnished her mittens saturady night - sadly forgetting to take pictures before they left. From some of the leftover yarn I will make her a pair of braided wristlets to use together with the mittens on real cold days, or alone when spring returns.

The pattern was originally written for toddler Simon in a laceweight alpakka/silk. But I have come to love it knit in a heavier merino - I have a pair myself, my sister have one and I made three or four for a bazaar last year. They are a faster knit than they look!

40 stitches in the round on dpns, repeats of *k2, p2, k4, p2,* then cross the stitches in the k4-sedtions every 6th row using only the dpsn. For thumb hole, knit 12 rows back and forth, then join in the round again.

No comments: